ISO 37001:2016 Anti-Bribery Management Systems
The ISO 37001:2016 specifies requirements and provides guidance for establishing, implementing, maintaining, reviewing and improving an anti-bribery management system. The system can be stand-alone or can be integrated into an overall management system.
ISO 37001:2016 is applicable only to bribery. It sets out requirements and provides guidance for a management system designed to help an organization to prevent, detect and respond to bribery and comply with anti-bribery laws and voluntary commitments applicable to its activities.
ISO 37001 is based on a four-step model and aligned with the ISO 19600 standard for Compliance Management Systems:
• Plan: identify anti-bribery obligations and evaluate compliance risks in order to develop a strategy, including measures to address any issues
• Do: implement measures and establish mechanisms to monitor their effectiveness
• Check: review the anti-bribery management program on the basis of the controls implemented
• Act: review and improve the program continually, ensuring cases of noncompliance are monitored and examined
Benefits of ISO 37001
• Helps provide assurance to the management and owners of a company, and to its funders, customers and other business associates, that the company has implemented internationally recognized good practice anti-bribery controls.
• Helps in the event of an investigation to provide evidence to the prosecutors or courts that the company had taken reasonable steps to prevent bribery